Bartow First Assembly of God
The Founder of the Church of God of the Union Assembly. Inc. began his ministry right after the turn of the century. Reverend Charlie T. Pratt was ordained October 18, 1910 in Gold Bug, Kentucky and immediately his travels to different towns and then to different states.
The following year he traveled to Bartow County, Georgia where he held a tent revival. A church was organized at Cass Station and they called him to be "Leader".
By 1915 Rev. Pratt traveled Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia. On February 1, 1915 he established a church in Knoxville, Tennessee. On Christmas Day 1916, the churches that he had established met in a General Assembly at Knoxville, Tennessee. At that meeting, they agreed to come together on the doctrine of the church.
In November 1919, Rev. Pratt and seven other men applied for a church charter in Bartow County, Georgia. The charter was granted and Center, Georgia became the first headquarters for the Church of God of the Union Assembly.
In 1922 the National Headquarters was moved to Dalton, Georgia where it remains today. In October, 1942 the Church was incorporated as a non-profit corporation under the Georgia Corporation Act of 1938.
You might also like
Metal/Resin Sailboat 11" - Be Joyful in Hope